Monday, 24 December 2012

Ten Studio Lighting Photographers



1. Rick Ferro:





 I like Rick Ferro's photography because it is very unique and always makes the viewer feel connected to the photo. Ferro's photography is beautiful as his main focus is bridal studio lighting photography. I feel that Ferro always makes the viewer connected to the photo as he always has his subject's eyes put in the photo in such a way that the viewer is drawn into them and connected to the photo.

2. Dave Hill:




 I like Dave Hill's photography as his work is very style-based. All of his photos are unique in the sense that they showcase his own style. This makes his work recognizable. I feel that it is impressive for a photographer to make their work recognizable as it makes a photographer's style go from just a style to his or her own style, which I feel that Hill has successfully done.

3. Denis Rouvre:




I like Denis Rouvre's photography because it showcases his talents. Although Rouvre poses his subjects, he still manages to get the viewers to see natural emotion coming from the photos.

4.  Cosmin Bumbut:





I like Cosmin Bumbut's photography because of its simplicity. Bumbut's photography is simple because it almost always just focuses on the subject's neckline and head in a simply beautiful way.

5. Jill Greenberg:

I like Jill Greenberg's phtography because it appears to be natural. It appears to be natural in the sense that the subjects (which are mainly young children) appear to not be posed and to be showing natural emotion. I feel that many of Greenberg's photos capture and allow the viewer to see the innocence in young children.

6. Joey Lawrence:



I like Joey Lawrence's photography because his structure-based style creates simply enjoyable photographs.

7. Yousuf Karsh:



 
I like Yousuf Karsh's photography because there is almost always something else going on in his photographs other than a simple pose. This allows for the viewer to not only focus on the subject, but also on what the subject is doing. This makes Karsh's work creative and always interesting.

8. Irving Penn

 
I like Irving Penn's photography because of the way he lights the subject. I think he highlights the perfect spots on the subject to make them look their best.

9. Cecil Beaton:



I like Cecil Beaton's photography because of the emotion shown in her subjects. I feel that her subjects are always in a position where it appears that they are showing raw emotion.

10. Steve McCurry:

 


I like Steve McCurry's photography because of the emphasis he often puts on his subjects' eyes. By emphasizing his subjects' eyes, McCurry creates photographs that connect more with the viewer.






2 comments:

  1. Sabrina, great choices, I can't seem to find your mentor assignment. Has it not been posted?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I had troubles uploading it before, I kept getting a "publish failed" message, but I was able to upload it now!

      Delete